Head of Credit – Asset Finance
Salary dependent on experience – plus excellent bonus & benefits
Our client is seeking a Head of Credit to quantitatively and qualitatively analyse proposals and submit to the large panel of Lessors and Banks, which includes the company itself as a Lessor. You will possess asset finance credit underwriting experience, preferably in multiple hard asset sectors and ideally with some brokerage experience but not essential.
- Responsible for credit underwriting and preparation of proposals for submission to a wider panel of Lessors. Also in the underwriting process to review the risk and approve credit decisions within own lending authority, for own company lending.
- Review of Proposals submitted to credit dept by sales-focused colleagues and the MD for onward proposing to Lessors.
- Proposal management and deal tracking to maximise KPI’s and revenue to employer for yourself as well as other credit colleagues, ensuring maintaining good working relationships with lessors.
- Monitoring and applying for credit lines for larger customers and repeat business customers to ensure funds always available. May require occasional meetings with customers and funders to ensure smooth and successful transactions.
- Price checking and validation of new business transactions prior to the Admin team taking over for documentation & payout. Responsible for ensuring clear handover to minimise errors and time delays.
- Validating that credit conditions have been met prior to payout.
- Maintain an awareness of and compliance with legal processes and statutory requirements in new business with reference to FCA, AML and KYC requirements. Responsible for FCA reporting on online systems.
- Ensuring colleagues are also up to date on FCA policies and implementing credit policies internally.
- Managing some existing transactions/customer relationships – including reschedules and early terminations.
- Process high volumes of new business proposals and promote a high level of service to funders, suppliers, and customers within strict time deadlines.
- Responsible for assessing conversion rates of proposals meet with company’s own KPI’s.
- Ensuring the company’s CRM internal systems are fully kept up to date and analysing/responding to external Lessor KPI data.
- Managing other credit personnel and their workflow, timings and conversion ratios/KPI’s
- Working alongside the Operations Manager and at times with the MD on day-to-day functions
- Proven experience in decision-making functions within the financial services industry with a focus on asset finance experience.
- A high level of numeracy, literacy, and an excellent attention to detail.
- must demonstrate excellent administrative, organisational and communication skills – oral and written.
- Ability to quickly interpret and analyse financial statements incl cashflow/P&L forecasts and multiple or group company accounts with ease.
- Minimum 5 GCSE qualifications to include Maths and English.
- Self-motivated individual with a sense of urgency. This role demands the ability to multitask, multi-focus and be a fast responder and decision-maker.
- You should be highly competent in MS Office skills – in particular, an advanced level of EXCEL experience is sought.
We strongly favour applicants with proven relevant experience in Financial Services – particularly in Asset Finance and Leasing and ideally with brokerage.
If interested in this role, please contact Julie at 01279713900.