Leaseurope has appointed its board of directors for a two-year term running until October 2018.
The board met today for the first time at the European House of Leasing, Leaseurope’s headquarters in Brussels.
The following twelve senior practitioners are now members of the board:
1. George Ashworth, UK managing director Asset Finance, Santander
2. Patrick Beselaere, global head, ING Lease – Europe
3. Pierre-Louis Colin, chief executive officer, Fraikin Group
4. Vahid Daemi, advisor to the managing board, LeasePlan Corporation
5. Marie-Christine Ducholet, chief executive officer, Societe Generale Equipment Finance
6. Enrico Duranti, chief executive officer, Iccrea BancaImpresa
7. Morten Guldhaug, executive Vice President, DNB
8. Paulo Pinheiro, president of the Executive Committee, Caixa Leasing e Factoring
9. Khaled Shahbo, UK managing director, Enterprise Rent-a-car
10. Alexander Schmidecker, chief executive officer, Raiffeisen Leasing
11. Hubert Spechtenhauser, member of the management board, UniCredit Leasing Germany
12. Mieczys?aw Wo?niak, chief executive officer & president, mLeasing
Marie-Christine Ducholet, Pierre-Louis Colin and Morten Guldhaug have been elected as chair and vice-chairs of the Federation, respectively.
This first meeting was an opportunity for outgoing chair, Enrico Duranti, to stress that “thanks to the joint efforts of the Board, Member Associations and the Secretariat in Brussels, we have reinforced Leaseurope’s position as the key reference point for the leasing and automotive rental industry. This has allowed us to achieve concrete results for the industry on many fronts. It is with great pleasure and confidence that I hand over the chairmanship to Marie-Christine Ducholet. Her solid experience of the leasing industry will be a valuable asset to us all going forward.”
Incoming chair Marie-Christine Ducholet added “It is an honour to take over as Chair and on behalf of the Federation I would like to thank Enrico for his leadership and commitment during his chairmanship. It is my ambition to continue to promote our industry and highlight its contribution to the real economy. Representing 93% of the leasing and automotive business in Europe gives us a strong credibility when addressing industry issues with our various stakeholders. This will be particularly important in light of the many regulatory and legislative initiatives we are faced with nowadays and I know the Federation will be able to rely on the unconditional support, knowledge and expertise of all concerned.”